The Mansion on O Street
2020 O St., N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20036 | email@example.com
Arrival & Departure
The scheduled time allotment for all-inclusive package events varies, and typically runs either 2 ½ or 3 ½ hours. Refer to individual all-inclusive package details on the pricing section of our website. Other events are scheduled for 3 ½ hours for a corporate or personal event without an exclusive; with an exclusive for 5 hours and for a retreat eight hours. If the event runs past this allotted time – and you are welcome to stay as long as you want, there is an overtime charge per hour or portion thereof. If you go into overtime drinks will be served on a cash bar basis (guests pay) or a consumption basis (you pay). Your guests will be allowed to tour The Mansion (and go shopping) for the first 45 minutes of our event, at no additional cost. Room assignments and table set-up arrangements and preferences will be taken into consideration, but no guaranteed, as this will depend on your final head count. As this is a historical and residential neighborhood, D.C. law prohibits guests to give you a “send-off” in the front or back of the Mansion, or use our large garden and pool area before, during, or after your event. If you or any of your guests violate our arrival and departure requirements, you will be charged a $750 penalty, per occurrence. These rules are critical for us to maintain our license.
- Audio Visual Equipment
- If you require audio and/or visual equipment, arrangements must be made in writing, at least five days prior to your event. Only Mansion in-house AV equipment may be used for Mansion functions. You can use your own computer. the fee structure for AV equipment is provided in the pricing section on our website.
you are required to test your presentation 24 hours in advance, as each computer is programmed differently. Failure to do so will result in a $100 surcharge. In addition, the mansion will not be held responsible for technology glitches if you do not do this.
Pricing for bar/beverage packages are on our pricing web page. If you bring in your own wine, there is a $25/bottle corkage fee, and any leftovers are left at The Mansion.
Beverage deliveries must come the day of your event, chilled. If they come earlier there is a $100/day storage charge.
Alcohol Service Management/Policy
Alcohol is served at many Mansion events. Our staff is trained in responsible alcohol service management.
Any guest in the possession of alcoholic beverages not obtained on premises will be subject to eviction.
- To purchase alcoholic beverages, a guest must present identification which indicates the guest to be at least 21 years of age
- Any guest in the possession of alcoholic beverages on premises may be requested to produce identification, which must satisfy the foregoing requirements. No refunds will be offered for confiscated alcoholic beverages.
- Any guest who presents false identification or who passes alcohol to a minor may be subject to eviction and arrest.
- We will not serve more than two alcoholic beverages to a guest at one time and we reserve the right to limit service to one drink per guest.
- Our alcohol service will end at least one-half hour prior to the scheduled end of an event. We reserve the right to discontinue the sale of alcohol at any time.
- We will not serve any guest whom we believe to be intoxicated.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or removed from these premises.
- Shooters are not available unless the super premium bar package has been purchased.
- Guests may not bring in or add red bull and/or other energy or enhancement drinks/substances to any beverages at the Mansion.
- Guests may not drink alcohol anywhere outside the premises of The Mansion this includes streets, balconies, stairs, stairwells, yard, parking areas etc. Violation could result in arrest as it is against DC law.
- Booking a Block of Rooms
A 50% non-refundable/non-transferable deposit for the entire length of stay for each room is required at time of booking. The balance is due 15 days before your stay, and is non-refundable/non-transferable.
Buses & Vehicles Seating More Than 12 Passengers
Buses and vehicles seating more than 12 passengers are strictly prohibited on o street or 21st street, per city regulations. all buses and vehicles that seat over 12 passengers must discharge and pick up passengers at 20th and o streets, which is four houses away—or the corner of hopkins and p, which is six houses away. mansion staff will meet your bus and walk guests here. make sure you understand this rule, because a bus cannot even go down 21st street or o street without incurring a city fine! (we had a bar mitzvah recently where the bus stopped one block away, but the police would not permit the kids to make the short walk to the mansion, delaying the start of the party 35 minutes!) a $750.00 mandatory fee, for which you are responsible, will be assessed for each bus, van and limo that violates this rule.
Handicapped accessible Buses are exempt from d.c. regulations, however we must notify the d.c. government one week in advance of your arrival. Failure to notify us one week in advance will result in a $750.00 mandatory fee per bus.
please let us know in advance the number and types of buses you intend to use as well as the number of guests arriving by bus, so that the mansion may assist you in making the proper arrangements and avoiding penalties.
You may wish to protect your non-refundable, non-transferable deposit by purchasing “Event Cancellation Insurance Coverage”. This coverage is available through your insurance agent, or, if you prefer, we can refer you to our agent, Brent Polkes, of Polkes & Goldberg. 301.442.6387 (m).
Our pastry chef is rated in the top ten in the country. Any specialty cake must be ordered in advance, in writing. There is a per person cake-cutting fee.
- As this is a historical and residential neighborhood D.C. Law prohibits outside decorations or signage. Any and all decorations inside The Mansion must be requested and approved in writing. No tape of any kind, wire, nails, screws or other fasteners may be used in decorating The Mansion for an event. Ribbons must be used to attach any decoration used. No rice or rice substitutes (confetti, flower petals, bird seed…) are allowed to be thrown inside or outside The Mansion. All flowers brought in – whether your florist provides them or The Mansion provides them – must remain on the premises after your event. You can make arrangements the next day to pick them up, if you want!
- Deposits -- Non-Refundalbe, Non-Transferable Deposits
We require a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit to secure a date and time for your event (the "Save the Date Deposit"). The contract is signed at the time of deposit, when you make your on-line reservation. If you don't agree to 100% of the terms, do not submit your on-line reservation. Food selection must be made a minimum of 15 business days prior to your event. 95% of the estimate balance is due 30 days before your event, along with your signed invoice and Banquet Event Order Form. If you book your event less than 30 days out, 95% of your estimated balance is due 15 days before your event. Again, these deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Each day there is a delay on signing the BEO and invoice, and making your 95% deposit, there is a 1% finance charge on the total invoice due. Final balance is due the day of your event. If for any reason you need to cancel your event and you do so at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date of your event, you may apply the Events Cost Deposit (but not the Save the Date Deposit) toward a rescheduled event (subject to time and date availability) so long as it is held within six months of your originally scheduled event date. A finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% annual percentage rate) will be charged on overdue accounts. If H.H. Leonards Associates is required to take legal action to collect an outstanding balance on your account, you agree to pay all collection costs (including attorneys' fees). Any change to the contract not approved in writing by HHL will NOT be honored.
- There is no charge to use house tables, tablecloths, china, Lucite glasses and flatware to accommodate your exact headcount. Napkins, glassware, specialty linens, white chairs, gold chairs with cushion seats, special china, silverware, and additional tables (such as cake table, disc jockey table, sign-in tables, high tops, etc.) are available at additional cost(s) and must be ordered in writing, at least 5 days prior to event through catering manager. orders cancelled less than 48 hours from start of function are subject to 35% cancellation fee. Orders cancelled less than 24 hours are paid in full.
For a comprehensive list and pricing for equipment see the pricing section on our website.
Additional fees will be charged for moving furniture, carpets, art etc. Carpets will not be removed for dancing unless dance floor is rented or guests agree to pay for refinishing wood floors if damaged. Arrangements for moving furniture, carpets etc. must be made at least 5 days prior to your event.
- Food and Beverage
Guests may not bring food and/or beverage items into the Mansion at any time. Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the Mansion. We will not check-in or store any food or beverage items. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact the Mansion via email prior to the event at .
Guest Arrivals and “Auto Add Time” Costs
Weddings: You are permitted to have up to 6 (six) bridal party members of the wedding party arrive ½ hour prior to your event. No other non-hotel guests may arrive prior to the event start time without overtime charges. Please arrange for your (hair/make-up/ photographer/wedding planner) to reach you by cell phone if they are arriving early as you will be required to let them in and guide them to your room. It is your responsibility to properly inform your guests about arrival times to avoid automatic overtime charges.
You are permitted to have up to 2 (two) members of your group arrive ½ hour prior to your event. No other non-hotel guests may arrive prior to the event start time without overtime charges. It is your responsibility to properly inform your guests about arrival times to avoid
automatic overtime charges.
Guest Code of Conduct
The Mansion is committed to enhancing safety and creating an enjoyable experience for everyone. The following guidelines have been set in order to meet this goal:
- Guests will enjoy the event experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language and obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests who engage in rude, lewd or abusive behavior will be immediately evicted from the Mansion and will not be allowed re-entry.
- Guests will comply with requests from the Mansion staff regarding operations and emergency response procedures.
- There is no exit and re-entry.
If you encounter a security concern or if another guest is interfering with your enjoyment of the event, contact the nearest event staff member
Guests who choose not to adhere to our code of conduct may be in violation of the Mansion/city ordinances and are subject to intervention, which may lead to eviction from the Mansion and/or arrest.
- Guest Count
Your guaranteed guest count must be received 5 business days prior to your event. That head count can go up, just not down after that date,up until the day before, by 3p.m. . If your final guest count is not received by 5 business days prior, your original estimated head count in your event request form is binding. If your head count goes up after 3 p.m. the day before your event, there is a 20% surcharge for additional guests, plus their food and beverage costs. A Mansion employee will count people as they arrive. If more people are in attendance you will be charged for each additional guest, plus 30% on your food and beverage costs.
We offer special non-profit, government and group rates, so please inquire. Check-In is 3 pm., check-out is 11 am. Only two people are allowed in each room. Because of the exclusivity of The Mansion, we require a one-night non-refundable, non-transferable deposit to reserve each room. Members and their guests receive a 30% discount on these prices.
House Cleaning Fee
- The Mansion has a mandatory house-cleaning fees. Please see our pricing section for complete schedule of fees.
In the event HHL is prevented from providing The Mansion on the date designated or from otherwise performing under the Agreement for any reason beyond its control, including but not limited to labor disputes, strikes, picketing, accidents, death, natural disaster, construction, power failures, Acts of God, actions, restrictions or decrees of governmental or quasi-governmental bodies (including the District of Columbia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board), HHL may cancel this agreement by written notice to the client. In such event, HHL shall not be liable for direct, indirect consequential or other damages or breach of contract, warranty or otherwise. If this Agreement is so canceled, the client shall receive a full refund on all deposits and other amounts paid for. However, HHL will make every good faith effort to relocate the event to a suitable location for the client.
- Intoxicated Guests
The Mansion reserves the right to deny entry to intoxicated guests. Any intoxicated guests causing a disturbance during an event will be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to arrest.
Liability Insurance — Non-Ticketed Events
Client shall obtain general liability insurance from an insurance carrier licensed and approved to conduct business in the District of Columbia for your event at the Mansion. This insurance shall afford coverage per occurrence, with limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence; $2,000,000 aggregate, naming all of the following entities as additional insured: H.H. Leonards, H.H. Leonards Trust, 2020 O Street Corporation, O Street Museum Foundation, Potomac Fund LLC, The Mansion on O Street, O Street Museum Foundation, and H.H. Leonards Associates, Inc. HHL and the Mansion do not cover you if suit is brought against you, or any damage done by your guests. You must contact your insurance agent to be sure you are adequately covered and provide us with a copy of your binder prior to your event. This certificate is required at least ten days prior to the scheduled event.
Liability Insurance — Ticketed Events
Client shall obtain business general liability insurance and business liquor liability insurance from an insurance carrier licensed and approved to conduct business in the District of Columbia for your event at the Mansion. This insurance shall afford coverage per occurrence, with limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence; $2,000,000 aggregate, naming all of the following entities as additional insured: H.H. Leonards, H.H. Leonards Trust, 2020 O Street Corporation, O Street Museum Foundation, Potomac Fund LLC, The Mansion on O Street, O Street Museum Foundation, and H.H. Leonards Associates, Inc. HHL and the Mansion do not cover you if suit is brought against you, or any damage done by your guests. You must contact your insurance agent to be sure you are adequately covered and provide us with a copy of your binder prior to your event. This certificate is required at least ten days prior to the scheduled event.
- Lost and Found
The Mansion assumes no responsibility for items lost at events. All lost and found items are taken to the event supervisor during events. Guests should contact the event supervisor during the event to inquire about lost items. After the conclusion of an event, guests may contact the Mansion’s lost and found at
to inquire about lost items.
- Menu, Changes
Menus must be final 15 days prior to event date. For sit-down dinners that are not served restaurant style, client must provide tent cards with meal choice for each guest the day of event, or you will be charged for restaurant style service.
- Menu, Selections
- Menu selections must be received 15 business days prior to your event; if not received by this date, The Mansion will have the right to make menu selections it deems appropriate for your event. Please note that all food must be ordered through The Mansion. Food may not be brought in. Kosher food is allowed to be brought in from outside caterers with prior, written approval. With this, other costs may apply.
- For individual fees regarding entertainment visit our entertainment pricing section.
If you contract with a music company independently of HHL and The Mansion they must coordinate directly with The Mansion and HHL – and plan a scheduled site visit -- to assure they know to enter and exit through the back garage entrance PRIOR to your event. Set ups for the entertainment must occur at least 4 hours before your event begins. All entertainment equipment must enter through the rear of The Mansion, never the front. Your entertainers must come dressed to perform. There are no changing rooms available on the premises. If you need a changing room, you must rent a hotel room. There is a fine of $750/occurance you are liable for if any of these rules are broken, so make sure you have written these rules into your contract with your entertainment provider. If the entertainment eats with your guest they are counted in your per person cost. Please write into the contract in the comment section if your entertainment is part of your head count. If not, during all breaks they will be asked to go downstairs to the staff kitchen.
- No Re-Entry During Events
The Mansion has a no re-entry policy during events. Guests who leave during an event will NOT be permitted re-entry under any circumstance.
- Overdue Accounts
- A finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum) will be charged on overdue accounts. Should your balance become overdue, you shall be liable for all costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may be incurred by H.H. Leonards Associates, trading as The Mansion on O Street in collecting the outstanding balance on your account.
On street parking in proximity to the Mansion is extremely limited and it is our policy to insure, to the fullest extent possible, that it is available for neighborhood residents. Therefore, you must use our valet parking service at The Mansion. These services must be arranged and priced with the HHL Catering Manager prior to the event. They can be charged directly to your guest or we can add these costs to your invoice. Double parking in front of the house, whether by private vehicle or limo, is strictly prohibited. Should double-parking occur, a member of the HHL staff will request the driver to move the vehicle immediately and will request police assistance, if needed. A $750.00 mandatory fee, for which you are responsible, will be assessed for each double parking violation.
- Photographs outside the front and back of the Mansion are strictly prohibited. You will be charged a $750 penalty, per occurrence. Guests not attending your event must never be photographed unless permission has been granted in writing. Photos of the interior of The Mansion are permitted.
- Prohibited Items
ALL ITEMS brought into the Mansion are subject to inspection. For safety reasons the following list of items are not permitted:
All items are subject to search upon entering the Mansion. Violation of the above rules and regulations will result in eviction and/or arrest.
- Food or beverages
- Laser pointers or similar items
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs or other illegal substances
- No Re-Entry/No Pass Outs
- All reservations must be made on-line through The Mansion’s website:
Private Events Public Events
- Room Assignments
Room assignments and table set-up arrangements and preference will be taken into consideration, but not guaranteed, as this will depend on your final head count.
There are sofas and chairs available for rent.
- Service Fee
- The Mansion service/event fee is 20%, which includes labor, set-up and preparation services. The Service Fee is not a gratuity. Gratuity is at the discretion of the client and may reflect the quality of service for your event.
Smoking is not permitted in bedrooms, meeting rooms or public spaces, unless you have an exclusive on the entire Mansion. A fine of $1000 will be assessed for non-compliance. Please note there is no re-entry during your event. If guests leave The Mansion for any reason, they cannot come back in.
- The Mansion is rented out at an allotted length of three (3) hours, with a half hour “grace” to accommodate your size dining group, based on availability. If your event runs over this allotted time period – and you are welcome to stay as long as you want — additional time will be billed by the hour based on rooms used and time needed. Room assignments, table set-up arrangements and preferences will be taken into consideration, but not guaranteed. See event pricing for space rental fees.
when storing items at the mansion, storage fees apply. for current storage rates, see
other potential charges on our pricing page
- Taxes and Service Fee
Tax on flowers, items purchased, telephone usage and equipment is 5.75%; food & beverage tax is 10%; hotel tax is 14.5%; and parking tax 18%. If you are exempt, provide a copy of your certificate prior to your event.
- Technical Support and Labor Fees
The Mansion provides technical support and labor for AV Equipment, visit our pricing page for costs. No outside technical support is permitted without written authorization. Equipment orders cancelled less than 48 hours from start of function are subject to 85% cancellation fee. Orders cancelled less than 24 hours are charged full price.
- Touring The Mansion
Your guests will be allowed to tour The Mansion (and go shopping) at sometime during your retreat, and if you want a staff person to talk about the history and/or mission of The Mansion; simply tell us and we will make arrangements for this.
- Transferring your membership
Your membership is transferable.
- Valet Terms
This contract limits our liability - PLEASE READ IT - The Management shall not assume liability for auto accessories or articles left in the car. No liability shall be assumed by the Management for loss or damage by fire, theft or any other cause to, or by the vehicle, while in custody of the Management. Management will not be responsible for any incident reported after the vehicle has left the premises.
Print Name: _________________________________________________ Date:
Signature: __________________________________________________ Date: